Wednesday 5 January 2011

Harvie Krumpet



Director: Adam Elliot
Writer: Adam Elliot, Luke Elliot

Storyline:
The sad, strange life of Harvie, who is born into an impoverished Middle European existence, and whose one constant is the book of "fakts" he keeps adding to, worn around his neck. After a childhood tragedy, he emigrates to Australia, where he has a succession of menial jobs, eventually ending up in a retirement home. Along the way, he has a string of bad luck, leaving him with, among other things, a steel plate in his skull that becomes a magnet. Written by Jon Reeves <jreeves@imdb.com>

Review:

This film was so great and good. First I heard that it won Oscar award in 2003 and then I thought that I just have to see it.
Great story. When I started to watch it I just lost in time and space. Film kind of makes you feel withing main character. I can almost say that it sucked me in the story.
As techically film was quite a challange. For every facial expression those puppets had different features to change. As well budget was quite big, it was about 240 000 EUR, but producer of the film got many grants for this.
As the final I can say that film is worth to look. And other fact that just underline ho good film is: it was sent to 300 competitions and won about 50.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment